- B.A.M.S. (Ayurvedacharya)
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
- Recognised by Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM)
Duration of the Course
1st Professional: 12 months
2nd Professional: 12 months
3rd Professional: 12 months
4th Professional: 18 months
Compulsory Rotatory Internship: 12 months
Total: 5 ½ Years
Recognition of degree:
The B.A.M.S. degree awarded by SCSVMV University and is a recognized medical qualification by apex body Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM). The degree holders are eligible to practice Ayurveda System of medicine throughout India and eligible to get admission to post graduate courses (M.D. / M.S) in all universities offering PG courses in Ayurveda.
Medium of Instruction
- Sanskrit & English
At present number of permitted seats per year is 50.
- Applicant should have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) with an aggregate mark of 50%.
- Admission is merit-based on the basis of ranking in SJSAIA Entrance Test.
- Applicant should have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission.
- For foreign students, any other equivalent qualification approved by the University will be allowed.
A student must have 75% attendance both in theory & practicals separately to appear for the examination in the specific subjects. The number of teaching hours both for “theory & practicals” meant for every subject as specified by C.C.I.M. are well ensured in the teaching programme of the working days. Thus the number of teaching hours (periods) vary from subject to subject as fixed by the Head of the Institution keeping in view of minimum requirement as specified by C.C.I.M. Therefore 80% attendance means, 80% of the periods that a student attends from out of the total number of periods “conducted” in a specified subject. Likewise putting up of minimum 80% attendance would be calculated with reference to each & every subject separately.
Particulars I Year II Year III Year IV Year V Year TOTAL
TOTAL 339500/- 272500/- 272500/- 272500/- 272500/- 1429500/-
Admission Fee 5000/- - - - - 5000/-
Development Fee 52000/- - - - - 52000/-
Special Fee 46000/- 46000/- 46000/- 46000/- 46000/- 230000/-
Lab Fee 15000/- 15000/- 15000/- 15000/- 15000/- 75000/-
Library Fee 3500/- 3500/- 3500/- 3500/- 3500/- 17500/-
Tuition Fee 188000/- 188000/- 188000/- 188000/- 188000/- 940000/-
Caution Deposit 10000/- - - - - 10000/-
Add on Course 20000/- 20000/- 20000/- 20000/- 20000/- 100000/-
Hostel Fee for 2017-18
Admission Fee 2500/-
Room Rent 7700/-
Maintenance Fee 10000/-
Establishment Fee 6850/-
Caution Deposit 10000/-
Mess Fee 47450/-
Tax 10% on Mess Fee 4745/-
How to Apply
1. For online submission refer www.kanchiuniv.ac.in
2. For applications to be downloaded from website, Please login to admissions account with your registered E-mail ID and password to downloaded your application form.
3. Filled in downloaded applications must be sent to the following address
Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Viswa Mahavidyalaya (SCSVMV University)
Enathur, Kanchipuram – 631 561, Tamilnadu.
Ph : 044-27264179 / 27264301 Mob : 9629001144 / 9629032323
Fax : 044-27264285
www.kanchiuniv.ac.in / e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org