Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Ayurveda College & Hospital is the teaching hospital attached to the College with 120 beds.
The Out – Patient Department (OPD) consists of Seven wings
- Kayachikitsa, (General Medicine)
- Panchakarma, (Five types of Purificatory therapies, unique to Ayurveda)
- Shalyatantra, (Surgery)
- SwasthaVritta (Community Medicine)
- Shalakyatantra, (Eye & ENT)
- Prasutitantra & Streeroga (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
- Kaumarabhritya (Pediatrics)
To provide a (w)holistic & cost effective health care
Cater to the health needs of the society by providing Preventive, Curative & Promotive care coupled with health education for patients, their families and clients.
- To bridge the gap of modern diagnostic procedures, facilities such as X-ray Unit, E.C.G., & Pathology Laboratory are available
- Panchakarma Theatres for Male & Female
- Surgical Theatre – Equipped to perform minor surgeries like Excision of benign tumors, cysts, Incision & Drainage procedures, Certain Ano-rectal surgeries, Kshara sutra Procedures.
- Emergency Unit
- Ambulance facility
- Labour Room
- Yoga & Physiotherapy Unit.
- There are male & female general wards, special rooms – A/C and Non A/C and suites.
- In House Pharmacy – Sankara Ayur Pharmacy caters to the Hospital needs on a routine basis and also many special medicines not available elsewhere are manufactured. These are cost effective medicines. Nearly 126 finished products are made available in the pharmacy.
- The Department of Dietetics and Nutrition takes care of the food supplied to the patients as per doctor’s advice.
- Medicated water to drink is being supplied.
SUPPORT & EXTENSION ACTIVITIES
- School Health Programmes – Check up / screening – Follow up at OPD – Awareness / treated for malnutrition, hygiene, refractive errors, skin diseases, worm infestation etc.
- Services to Old Age Home with 50 inmates – every day
- Extension of OPD at Kanchipuram
- Health camps at rural areas of Tiruvallur district.
- Kataksham provision at the IPD (Hospital) (Free accommodation and Treatment Procedures under Kataksham scheme)
POTENTIAL AREAS OF MANAGEMENT
- MUSCULOSKELETAL DISORDERS
Inter vertebral disc prolapse, Low back ache, all types of arthritis, Sciatica, Spondilitis, Muscular dystrophy etc. The hospital is well known in handling challenging cases in treating effectively by medicines and topical treatments in those patients surgical management was advised. e.g, IVDP, OA, etc
- NEUROLOGICAL DISORDERS:
Cerebral palsy, Facial palsy, Migraine, Trigeminal neuralgia, Post hemiplegic sequelae, etc
- STRESS AND STRESS RELATED DISORDERS:
Insomnia, Memory loss, Mental retardation, Autism, etc
- SKIN DISORDERS:
Psoriasis, Various types of eczema, Stasis ulcers etc
- DIABETIC COMPLICATIONS
- EYE DISEASES AND CHECK UP
- G.I. DISORDERS
Piles, fistula, fissures
- ALL TYPES OF GYNAECOLOGICAL DISORDERS
- SPECIALISED TREATMENTS FOR BOTH MALE AND FEMALE INFERTILITY,
- ANTE NATAL CARE, CHILD CARE, AND GERIATRIC CARE.
SPECIAL TREATMENTS OF AYURVEDA
Abhyanga Patra pinda sweda Sastika sweda
Udwartana Anna lepa Pichu
Sirodhara Sirovasti Thala pothichil
Netra Tarpana Vamana Virechana
Vasti Nasya Rakthamokshana
Kshara sutra Sarvanga dhara Bashpa sweda
Uttara vasti Lekhana karma Agnikarma